The loss of a child
Dealing with the death of a child is a devastating experience for any parent. Having to comprehend the loss as well as sorting out the funeral and associated costs makes this time even more traumatic.
We provide as much support as possible to parents following a bereavement and as part of this commitment, the funeral service we provide for your loved one is free of charge up to the age of 18 years old. We’re here to provide guidance and support every step of the way.
The free services we provide are
We will Collect Your Loved One
You will be able to spend time with your loved one
Will will care for and dress your loved one
We will make all necessary arrangements for a dignified funeral
We will Pay all the necessary disbursements on your behalf
The personal attention of one of the business owners.
We will provide a suitable coffin.
We will provide a suitable vehicle for you and your child.
You can have the choice of route for the funeral procession.
Services provided by others
You may need to pay for the for services provided by others, these can include:
- Minister or Officiant’s fee ∙
- Burial or interment fee ∙
- Gravedigger fees
- Cremation fees
- Fees for cremation documents
- Church fees
How to personalise your childs service
Ways other parents have remembered their child.
- drying and pressing flowers from the funeral
- choosing a special candle holder and lighting a candle for their baby at family occasions
- buying or making a special ornament or picture
- having their baby’s photo re-created as a painting or a sketch
- naming a star
- making a piece of cross-stitch or needlework
- creating a scrapbook
- having a piece of jewellery made
- releasing balloons or doves in memory of your child
Ways to personalise your child’s service
You can choose to add any additional products or services [additional costs will be incurred]:
- You can choose an alternative coffin
- You can choose flowers
- We can provide Funeral stationery and memorial books
- We can provide Fingerprint keepsakes – handprints and footprints
- You can choose from a range of caskets, urns and keepsakes
- We can provide Memorial masonry if you choose a burial
- We can help you with your catering needs
- You can choose an alternative hearse
- We can provide additional limousines should you need them
Frequently Asked Questions
The questions below are general in nature. If you have a specific question about the death of your child or baby please contact us and we will be able to offer more specific advice.
Bringing your loved one into our care
When can I see my child?
Many experts believe that visiting a loved one can be a helpful element of the grieving process, and in many cultures throughout the world it is a normal part of saying goodbye to those we love.
We do understand that not everyone will want to see their loved one once they have passed away and this is also perfectly natural.
If you decide that you would like to visit the deceased, we provide private remembrance rooms at our funeral homes. They are decorated in pleasant pastel colours, and have a calm and tranquil atmosphere.
Can I dress my child?
You may wish to place special items in your child’s coffin – a picture, a letter, special toy or blanket.
Can I take my child home?
Burial or Cremation?
If you would like further advice or help following your loss. the following organisations may be able to offer further assistance:
For babies born too soon, too small, too sick.
Bliss run a helpline that is available form 9-9,
Mon-Fri. 0500 618140